“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it’s better to be thoroughly sure.”-Czech proverb
Join Verdello in celebrating Wies’n or better known as Oktoberfest! Learn to make authentic German food that can be found in any German restaurant. Recipes used in this class were translated from German by Chef Mikole and altered over the years to bring you the best German flavors. Of course, in true German tradition, we will have beer that you can pair with your meal!
- Weisse Spargel Creme Suppe (creamy white asparagus soup) – White asparagus is the most popular variety in Germany and is blended into a creamy soup and topped with balsamic glaze. **Dependent on availability of produce**
- Bavarian Kartoffelsalat (potato salad) – from the Bavarian region of Germany, this potato salad is tangy and slightly sweet with bacon, chives, and a warm vinegar dressing.
- Bratwurst and sauerkraut from Legerski’s
- Schweinschnitzel – a popular dish in Germany that consists of flattened pork tenderloin that is breaded and lightly fried. Finally, it is topped with fresh lemon juice.
- Apfelstrudel (apple strudel) – a flaky and layered pastry filled with apples and raisins, topped with a light custard.