For the Boozy Bacon Waffles:
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 4 tsp Sweet Applewood Barbecue Rub & Seasoning
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Smokey Bacon Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp Maple-Wood Smoked Bacon Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Fresh Mixed Berries, for serving
For the Bourbon Maple Syrup:
- ¾ Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Season each slice of bacon with ½ tsp rub. Cook for 15 minutes, flip bacon, then cook for another 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels then chop into small pieces, reserving 2 slices of bacon for topping.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the maple syrup, buttermilk, oil, and egg. Whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until just combined, careful not to overmix. Carefully fold in the 6 slices of candied Bacon. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron and grease. Pour ⅓ cup – ½ cup batter into the waffle iron and follow manufacturer instructions for cooking.
- Meanwhile in a small pot over medium heat combine maple syrup, bourbon balsamic vinegar, and bourbon. Once bubbling reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve waffles with reserved bacon, fresh berries, and warm bourbon syrup.