For the Candied Bacon:
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Sweet Applewood Barbecue Rub & Seasoning
For the Bloody Mary:
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 8 oz Tomato Juice
- 1 oz Bourbon Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Horseradish
- ¼ tsp Smokey Bacon Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
For the Garnish:
- ½ tsp Bourbon Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Smokey Bacon Sea Salt
- Candied BBQ Bacon
- Olives, Pickled Asparagus, Pickle Spears
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Season each bacon slice with ½ tsp of rub. Cook for 15 minutes, flip bacon, then cook another 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Let drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a mixing glass, combine bourbon, tomato juice, bourbon balsamic, lemon juice, horseradish, sea salt, and pepper.
- Prepare garnish using two wide bowls. Add ½ tsp balsamic to one and 1 tsp bacon salt to the other. Dip the serving glass in balsamic and then salt.
- Carefully fill the glass with ice and add the Bloody Mary mix. Stir until the cocktail is cold, about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with candied bacon, olives, pickled asparagus, and pickle spears.
The possibilities are endless when garnishing a Bloody Mary! Some of our favorite toppings include: Green Olives, Pickled Asparagus, Pickles, Jalapeños, Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Celery, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Lemon or Lime Slices, Cheese Cubes, and Cooked Shrimp.