For the Burger:
For the Chili Lime Sweet Potato Fries
- In a medium skillet over medium low heat make your caramelized onions by adding 2 Tbsp olive oil to the pan and once shimmering add the onions. Cook for 45-60 minutes stirring occasionally carefully not to let the onions brown. Set aside.
- To make the fries, preheat the oven to 425F. Wash potatoes and peel the skin if desired. Cut potatoes into ½ in strips. Toss potatoes with olive oil and rub. Roast potatoes for 25 minutes turning the fries halfway through. Finish fries with sea salt and lime juice.
- In a large bowl add beef, egg, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rub, and salt. Mix until combined. Form into desired size patties.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Brush the inside of the burger buns with 1-2 tsps of olive oil and toast until golden brown 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add burgers and cook 4-5 minutes on the first side or until meat is caramelized, then flip the burger and add the cheese on top and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble the burger by placing butter lettuce, then your burger patty, caramelized onions, and 1-2 tbsp Red Pepper Jam.