For the Chicken:
For the Honey Mustard Dressing:
For the Salad:
- 1 Head of Romaine, chopped
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 Slices Cooked Bacon, chopped
- Butterfly your chicken by cutting horizontally through the middle of the chicken breast. Season with the rub and salt then place in a medium size bowl. Top with buttermilk, turn to coat all sides and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- In two shallow bowls add beaten eggs to one and flour to the other. Dredge the chicken by dipping first in eggs then in flour. Shake off excess flour and let rest on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat the olive oil. Add chicken and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together the mustard, honey, balsamic, and sea salt.
- Add lettuce to a platter, top with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cheese, bacon, and sliced chicken. Drizzle the dressing over and enjoy!