October 5, 2016
Looking for the perfect appetizer or side that is filling, fun, and impressive? Look no further! Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are versatile, fun, easy, and are a great way to make your guests believe you have been slaving away for hours.
The best part is… Quinoa Stuffed Peppers can be used as an appetizer, side, OR a main dish.
- 1 Tbsp Vera Cruz Chili Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 cups Dry Quinoa
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 14.5 oz can can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 14.5 oz can cans Tomato Sauce divided
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (Sriracha or Smokey Bacon)
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 6 Tbsp Red or Yellow Bell Peppers
- Pecorino Cheese for topping
- Sauté onions and garlic in chili oil until translucent. Add quinoa and toast for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, 3/4 of the tomato sauce, and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir in hot sauce.
- Stuff peppers with quinoa mixture and top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!