July 1, 2020
Who doesn’t love a good gyro? A mix of savory meat, tangy tzatziki, and fresh veggies this is the recipe for the perfect meal. Prep the components ahead of time to whip together a fresh sandwich everyday and you’ll be the talk of the lunch room!
Prep Time: 60 minutes – Cook Time: 15 minutes – Total Time: 75 minutes
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 1lb Steak (New York Strip or Flank)
- ¼ cup Dill Infused Olive Oil, plus 2 tsp
- ¼ cup Roasted Garlic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Greek Tzatziki Seasoning
- 1 tsp Citrus Dill Sea Salt
- 4 Pita Bread Rounds
- ¾ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ tsp Citrus Dill Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Greek Tzatziki Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Feta Cheese
- Steak Slices
- 1 Tomato, diced
- ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Spinach
- Combine steak, olive oil, vinegar, tzatziki, and salt in a bowl or ziploc bag. Marinate for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil and cook steak to desired doneness; 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Let steak rest for 10 minutes then thinly slice.
- Warm pitas by wrapping in tin foil then placing them in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Make a tzatziki dip by combining the yogurt, sea salt, tzatziki seasoning, and feta cheese.
- Assemble by spreading 1 tbsp of tzatziki dip on pita, then adding steak slices, a spoonful of tomatoes, onion, and a small handful of spinach.