November 24, 2020
Twice baked potatoes are a classic comfort dish but this recipe will add a kick to it! Perfect as an appetizer for watching Sunday football or even dress it up as a unique and different holiday side dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes – Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes – Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes to 2 hours
Yield: 8-12 People
– 6 Russet Potatoes
– 1 Avocado
– 2 Tbsp Cheddar Jalapeño Dipper
– ½ cup Greek Yogurt
– 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese, plus more for topping
– 2 pieces Bacon, crispy and crumbled
-1 Jalapeño, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke holes in your potato then rub potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp salt. Place on the oven rack and bake until easily pierced with a knife, about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut potatoes into half lengthwise and scoop out potatoes into a large bowl, making sure to leave skin intact to stuff later.
- In the bowl with the potatoes, add in your 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt, avocado, dipper, Greek yogurt, and 2 cups cheese. Smash until well combined.
- Place potato skins on baking tray or baking dish.
- Scoop you potato mixture back into your potato skis and top with cheddar cheese and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Place potatoes in the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon and jalapeños, serve immediately.