“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it’s better to be thoroughly sure.”-Czech proverb This is the fourth year that Verdello is bringing the Oktoberfest celebration, known as “Wies’n”, to its kitchen! Learn to make authentic German food and pair your meal with some of the best beers in town!
- Weisse Spargel Creme Suppe (creamy white asparagus soup) – White asparagus is the most popular variety in Germany and is blended into a creamy soup and topped with balsamic glaze.
- Bavarian Kartoffelsalat (potato salad) – from the Bavarian region of Germany, is tangy and slightly sweet. This potato salad is made with bacon, chives, and a warm vinegar dressing.
- Bratwurst and sauerkraut from Legerski’s
- Schweinschnitzel, a popular dish in Germany that consists of flattened pork tenderloin that is breaded and lightly fried. Finally, it is topped with fresh lemon juice.
- Apfelstrudel (apple strudel) – a flaky and layered pastry filled with apples and raisins, topped with a light custard.