- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Season with 1 pasta rock according to package directions. Add pasta and cook to package directions. Set pasta aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium sauté pan heat lemon oil over medium heat and sauté shallot until soft- about 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and cook roux, careful not to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, tapenade, pepper, and salt. Cook until sauce thickens- about 5 minutes.
- Finish sauce with butter and capers.
- Add pasta to sauté pan and toss until pasta is coated in sauce and dish is warm, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
If you don’t have pasta rocks on hand it is still important to season your pasta water! Salting the water is the only time the pasta itself is going to be seasoned so make sure your water is salty like the sea. We recommend adding 1 Tbsp of salt for every 4 quarts of water.
Whenever you are cooking with wine we always recommend to use a wine you would drink on its own. This doesn’t mean it has to be expensive, however if you don’t like the wine when you drink it you probably won’t like the flavors it imparts on your food.